I could have sworn that we both felt that same feeling years ago. Timid, warm, and ever lingering. But it was fated impossible with our blood. We both knew it.
In secret, I hoped.
Nothing happened. We only progressed.
I guess I'm too used to always getting things my way. Getting the people I want. I wanted you to be another one of them. One that also thought of me as their special one. Memorable past, or special present.
I like where we are now. You, as a reminder to me that I can't get every heart I desire. Me and you, divergently falling deeper in love.
I can't help the sting though. When they mention her name. Especially with yours right beside. When you call her with me there. When you stopped bringing me to places. When you integrate your love with our family. Part of the pain is from the inability of me physically bridging the two like you. To show both you and I. And another is just that fact: you and her. And I know that I will probably never stop it.
You can be so coldly warm. That's what I love about you. You act like you don't care, shutting people out but also helping the people you love quietly and with the greatest sincerity.
You are my forbidden love.
No comments:
Post a Comment