June 29. .Sunny.
"Great report card," she says.
"Thanks," I respond anxiously.
She hands me the sheet nicely and I welcome it in my hands. Reluctant. I keep my hands down, my head up. Should I just look? But what if all that is waiting for me on the other side is regret...
I stuff it in my bag. I stuff it in my mind far away. But it was inevitable.
I meet back with Minmin, Joanna, and Johnny. All eyes are down, and searching through all spaces on their own paper that was printed clearly.
"How did you do Tiffany?" Joanna asks.
"I don't know I didn't look. Too scared," I simple stated.
"Let me see," she offers her hand.
I reach in my bag, and reached it to her finger's acceptance. Finally out of my own possession.
"The lady that gave me it, said that it was good...but I don't know what her definition of 'good' is..." I explain.
"No...it's good Tiffany...unless you are searching for all 90s," Joanna commented.
"No no, just A's," I begged.
All three of them become scanners instantaneously and invades my report card. I grab it and scan it for myself. I became a scanner too.
My eyes ran and looked everywhere. Every comment, every letter was read. My eyes were cemented firmly and focused. No sense of regret was met. Instead, relief breezed by and sweeped me high above. I smiled, and covered my mouth with my report card. You're joking.
I thought I had no hope in hitting that exact target. I stood there for so long. Wind shook me, rain poured on me, sunlight stared at me. I attempted to aim right before I had to let go. But near the end, I started to shake. Carelessness crept on me slowly. My hands began to shake. Tears started to form through my windows. I held until I wasn't able to anymore. I let it soar and invited endless possibilities.
But it was over already, and I thought I concluded it horribly. It was already recorded, and printed out. It was permanent.But I look up at my work, despite the fear in my eyes.
A masterpiece.
Many hardships have fallen. Three more heading my way.
A mirror is held in front of me. I see that I have what it takes to make my academic dreams come true one more time. I am armed with preservation. But that's all I really need. Own preferences needed to be stripped away. I have to push myself. I have to continue running. No stop signs. No traffic lights. No option of escapism. There is only one straight road ahead and I know exactly where I want to be.
I'm already on my way.
No comments:
Post a Comment