I don't know what you really want from me.
You say that you don't want to meet me yet. Until things settle. Fine. You can keep sitting on your high horse. Your guards up high. Even though I don't believe in holding onto such traditional values in the 21st century, I can't stop you.
But why do these things.
You constantly tell Eric to give me jewelry that you find at your home. Chocolate than you don't want. Tell me that I don't need to take it. That puts me in a tough situation. If I don't take it, it's like I'm saying that I don't want your crap. My tastes are very particular. Always were. I buy what I want. No one else does. I appreciate thoughtful gifts. Not ones you dig up and give for no reason. Well one reason: to get rid of them. Don't give me things that are old and things you don't want. It's insulting. You established this strict boundary between us. I followed it closely. I respected you. I would only expect close friends or family members to give me hand-me-downs. Not someone that I've never met and also made our relationship, or lack thereof, clear.
You then tell Eric to ask me about Ms. Chow's exams. So I can help your younger son. So what is this. You expect me to just help you. Maybe because I need to be oh-so grateful about your "gifts". Why would I want to help someone that doesn't even want to meet me. So I have no right to say anything. I just do as you command. Don't meet you. Open my mouth and tell you what you want to know. You don't want me to bother you, but you can do as you like with me.
I did it anyways. Not because I didn't see the wrongs. Not because I was intimidated. I love Eric. And I know he loves you.
And your friends need to leave me alone.
I'm a regular girl. I don't deserve to be put onto a table and be criticized by any of you. I don't know how any of you look. You don't know how I look either. Why don't just leave it like that.
Vinnie's mom believes whatever her insecure and shameless daughter says. And she brings it up to you and the rest of your friends. Embarrasses you. Saying that your son is dating a "loose" girl. Vinnie's mom should just look at her own. Slept and cheated. More dirty than what I can ever imagine.
More enemies than friends. More embarrassment than compassion. Are those what you call friends?
You return home, question Eric. You don't even believe your own son. I don't know if you believe what was said about me. Doesn't matter. Great first impression.
We've met already.
No comments:
Post a Comment