Saturday, April 4, 2009

Keep on Fighting

April 4th .Sunny.

Yesterday, my brother finally came back home. He's been staying at UBC for two days straight and slept in the libraries for two days. While he was gone, to be honest, I didn't really notice anything. I didn't really think about him or really had a feeling of missing him. I know. What a terrible sister. But we barely see each other even if we are in the same house. He's always in his room and I'm always in mine. We go through different things in our lives and we are 5 years apart, so it's hard to relate to each other. In most days, we don't even say a word to each other. We don't bond. We don't connect to each other. Ever since I was in grade 7, I gave up trying to talk to him because everytime I do, he just says, "Shut up, you're so annoying...do you know that?"He is more of a stranger than my brother really. But when he came back yesterday and I saw his emotion on his face and how tired he looked, I noticed that I did miss him a lot. It seemed like I didn't see him for two weeks, not two days. We were going to have dinner, and my mom had to call him 4 times to actually make him come down. He was too exhausted to wake up. Seeing him like this really makes me worried about him. I don't exactly know how it is like to go through these things in university since I'm still in high school, and I obviously don't know how it feels. But all I know, is that he's suffering and he's tired of fighting. I didn't know what to say so I didn't say anything to him. Deep down, all thought was, "Keep on fighting. Having you as my brother is my honour."

No comments: